date-based custom invoicing scheme

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Fri Dec 31 03:11:41 EST 2010

Hello,

I'm curious if anyone is using some custom numbering-scheme for
invoices and/or how difficult would it be to implement one?

I'd like invoices to use date-based numbering scheme in the format
like:

invoiceID-mm-yyyy

where 'mm' and 'yyyy' represent month & year when the invoice was
issued.

I was told to use something like:

@{id}-@{date_opened.strftime('%Y-%m')}

in my templates, but the problem is that {id} should be reset every
month and/or every year.

Looking in the forums of SimpleInvoices and MyClientBase invoicing
applications I saw the same or similar feature requests and the latter
application will bring requested feature in the upcoming release which
means there are (some) people wanting it.

However the above two applications are practically useful for
invoicing only, so we would like to try with (much more complete &
featureful) Gnucash first.

Any hint?

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: CDBF17CA