personal and business

Shane Litherland litherland-farm at bigpond.com
Fri Dec 31 03:50:01 EST 2010

Hi Dave,

you might find other good tips directly relating to downloading bank
transactions and/or how to deal with mixed credit card txns, in old
posts, if you can search thru archives etc here. Or check out general
gnucash info relating to credit cards / liabilities. But you should be
able to tweak my suggestions to deal with it OK,
- possibly downloading all cc txns to a 'credit card' account (often,
gnucash sets a credit card acct in 'liabilities' for many default
setups)
then, either pay the full amount out from business, and an adjustment
for 'private drawings', or for each cc txn, you could mark the split as
paid from business or private accordingly.

That's not quite doing a full 'double-up' of the cc txn downloads but
still involves a bit of manual checking through to post each expense to
the right place... but it's probably good to keep tabs on what goes on
your cc anyway huh? ;-)

HNY to you too!
-shane