Saving data before upgrading to 2.4.0

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Dec 31 04:52:54 EST 2010

On Friday 31 December 2010, Robert Plantz wrote:
> Thanks for your comments, Anthony.
>
> So "uninstalling" should leave my data files in place?

Yes, it should.

And contrary to what the website says, you don't have to uninstall the older
version yourself. The installer will take care of it for you.

> Yes, I will definitely back up my data files before uninstalling
> 2.3.9 and installing 2.4.0. I've made that mistake several
> times in the past, and I'm sure I'll do it again. :-)

Do you really mean 2.3.9, which was a development version which had a crasher
bug ? Or did you mean 2.2.9, the last previous stable release ?

It doesn't matter for the installation though. As others have said, the data
file won't be touched and is compatible.

Geert