Gnucash 2.4.0 (Windows)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 31 10:19:16 EST 2010

Mortimer <mortimer.hobart at gmail.com> writes:

>     Actually, yes, 127.0.0.1 *IS* your address.  127.0.0.1 is "localhost",
>
> Ok. I never knew that before as everyone has always told me that my "address"
> (locally) is 168 etc..

Right, the 168 etc IP Address is your "external" address, that other
machines can use to contact your machine.  Every machine in the world
(with very few exceptions) uses 127.0.0.1 as a loopback address to talk
to itself.  In other words, you can pretty much guarantee that if you
try to connect to 127.0.0.1 you'll be talking to yourself.