handling of "class" (tag) code in quicken QIF file.

Tom Dunn tomdunn1942 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 11:25:14 EST 2010

I'm talking about classes and you just answered my question.  In quicken I tracked expenses for multiple buildings using one set of categories and then used the class code to pull the expenses for an individual building.  I will just set up individual accounts in gnucash.  The way it is designed I think it will be fairly easy to rearrange the transactions.

I have moved over about 15 years of records with great success and less work than I had expected.  The program has performed flawlessly and the documentation is excellent.  The people that wrote this program did a great job.  So far it is one of the best programs that I have found -- for me it's a big improvement over quicken.
Tom Dunn