Old Assets / Liabilities

Ian Miller gmane at emacs.fastmail.fm
Thu Feb 4 11:43:07 EST 2010

Hi,

Just wondering what is the preferred method for retaining data about old
assets and liabilities (e.g. loans that have been paid off, or credit
cards that you no longer have)? At the moment, I've just created "Old
Assets" and "Old Liabilities" top level placeholders, and I move the old
accounts into these categories - does that sound right to you?

Also, silly question.... how is the "Profits" figure which appears in
the "Grand Total" at the bottom of the main screen arrived at? And is
this mentioned in the manual at all?

cheers,
ian