Old Assets / Liabilities

Michael DeBusk michael at nlphilia.com
Thu Feb 4 12:40:50 EST 2010

On 02/04/2010 11:43 AM, Ian Miller wrote:

> Just wondering what is the preferred method for retaining data about
> old assets and liabilities (e.g. loans that have been paid off, or
> credit cards that you no longer have)?

After the account is effectively closed, I mark it as read-only
("placeholder"). After I close my books for the year, I mark it as
hidden. It stays where it is, but I can't change it or see it.

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign     * against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org       * against proprietary attachments