GnuCash help please..

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Feb 8 04:27:17 EST 2010

On Sunday 07 February 2010 22:07:51 HairFairCT wrote:
> Hope I am not bothering you but just found your **wonderful program**.
> I Have used Quick books for yrs for my small hair salon.(will not work on
> my new Win 7 computer).
>
> 1) I cannot figure  out what I need to click to be able to change the
> categories of your preset catagories:
> Income
>  Expenses (I need Salon supplies, office expenses ect)
>
> So they fit my business. Just spent about 2 hours going thru
> Actions,Reports Tools and help,ect..and can't figure this out..
>
> 2) Cannot get the setting for auto Save to either STOP or actually do what
> I set it to do, SAVE every 30 min, it pops up every 5 minutes no matter
> what I set it to. When I go in and change the time, there is no OK button
> after I set my preferences,  only CLOSE after I change it????
> Thank you for any help you can give me..!!!!!!
> Carla

Hi,

Hopefully the answers from others have helped you sort out point 1.

Point 2 - confirmed, there  is just a "close" buttton for the preferences.  I
don't use the auto save, but that means that I have been able to turn it off!

It sounds like your preferences are not being saved correctly - do other
options keep reverting to their defaults?  If so, then you may have a problem
with something called "gconf" which is a separate program that GC (and
others) uses to store preferences.  But that is where my knowledge runs out -
maybe it is enough to let someone else help you!

HTH,
Maf,