New Transaction field in the register

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Wed Feb 10 22:43:18 EST 2010

--On February 10, 2010 8:49:23 PM -0500 Volker Englisch
<Volker at englisch.us> wrote:

> Does an option exist that allows me to suppress the display of these
> newly displayed transaction dates and go back to the former display?
>
> If such an option doesn't exist what would happen if I were to delete
> those dates?  Would it mess up my data file/reports/etc.?

I dislike this change too, in fact I reverted it in my copy of GnuCash.

These dates have always been there in the data, they just weren't
displayed or editable before.  They are the date the transaction was
entered into the file (although I don't know why you have a entry date
that is several years before the posted date for one transaction).  You
can't get rid of them in the file, but an option to not display them,
or perhaps a better way to display them so they don't get mixed up with
the posted dates, would be nice.

          Mike