New Transaction field in the register

Kim Wood kim.wood at bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 12 06:40:57 EST 2010

The additional date field patch (Windows nightly build patch implemented in
r18428) by James Raehl adds some useful functionality - but for those of
us who mainly use the double line register display which is more familiar
to ex-Quicken users, it produces a very cluttered display.  It is a
backward step.

I think the patch is a good start, but should be rolled back until it
includes the option to switch it off.  I really believe that it can
produce a very confusing looking register, and probably will not suit
everyone out there.  I can see that it would be helpful to have from time
to time, but I am certain that the second date field would generally be
switched off in the interests of a cleaner interface.

Regards,

Kim