New Transaction field in the register

trythis grahamlane at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 09:26:33 EST 2010

I am curious about this patch:
Is it integrated into the search feature as a separate date field?
I would think having two dates per listing and using search would bring up a
lot more items, but if a user always use single row view, they could get
confused as to why so many items show up that dont have a matching date.

How do the reports handle the multiple dates?  If the second date is just
there, on the page with no column heading, or if they aren't there at all, I
would think this could be frustrating too.

Can it be used to clarify transfer dates? I often send payments directly
from one bank to another, and there is a day or two delay. When this happens
it makes it more difficult to reconcile because the items get out of order
from the bank statements. Not a big deal, really.

But with that patch can the same transfer have one date in one account and
another in the the second?