"Edit exchange rate" has stopped working (2.2.9)

Adam Funk a24061 at ducksburg.com
Sun Feb 14 15:44:54 EST 2010

On 2010-02-09, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Adam Funk <a24061 at ducksburg.com> writes:
>
>> How do you recommend that I keep the amount in GBP the same but change
>> the amount in EUR for the same split in different registers?  I have
>> tried changing the EUR96.48 to EUR100.00, but when I do that, the
>> GBP89.36 in the bank account register increases proportionally
>> (because the exchange rate is now, AFAICT, "locked").
>
> You need to change both the split amount *AND* the exchange rate at one
> time.

I did manage to rectify the euro cash purchases that were going on my
expense claim (it's easier to use my employer's system if all the cash
transactions for a trip have the same exchange rate, which I get by
averaging my cash withdrawal rates).  Unfortunately, I'm not exactly
sure how I did it.  Thanks for the advice.

> Also keep in mind rounding errors.  The exchange rate is limited
> to 1/100000 so you cannot get higher precision than that.

I'm not handling such large amounts of money that this will cause me a
problem!