Gnucash 2.2.9

trythis grahamlane at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 16:52:47 EST 2010

I can try answering the water mark and  account number question, if I
understand what you want.

In in the future, please break your questions out into separate paragraph,
it makes it easier for people to read and  answer the questions.

Joey Thompson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to key in the general ledger account number in the register
> instead of having to use the drop down box to select the account that you
> want to charge to.

I assume you are  using account numbers for your accounts instead of or in
addition to names, like:
Assets: Current Assets: Checking at bank X.

If so, edit the account and use the number for the "account code". When you
are entering data, just type the appropriate code in, instead of "click
fishing" for the account that you need.  If you abbreviate an account # like
59053896475 into 59053 in the code space, that's all you have type. You can
do that for all accounts and keep a cheat sheet out to avoid click fishing
all together. Its too bad the ofx through aqbanking doesnt use these codes.

> When I am keying alot of journal entries, I like to be able to enter the
> account number directly because this makes for keying journal entries much
> easier.
>
> Is there a way to change the preferences for the register to make this an
> option in the register.
>
> I also wanted to see if there is a way to customize reports to put a
> particular
> company's name at the top.
>
>  Is there also a way to put watermarks on the
> reports?

I think a good way to add the water mark is print your reports as a PDF and
add the water mark to that. I haven't done this, but there are several PDF
manipulation programs out there. free and otherwise.

> Joey

I would like to invite you to help out the community of GC users and
developers that come here and have accounting questions. I certainly come
here asking for help and could use some assistance from an accountant that
uses Gnucash.

Thanks,
Graham