Oddness in Windows Vista Installation - Configuration Files Folder

Jhonnatan Perkins jhonperkins at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 00:55:58 EST 2010

Hello everyone,

I am a new user to GNUCash, and loving it so far. However something strange
happened during my first install (and havent been able to replicate it).
You see, by default, GNUCash writes user configuration in

%userprofile%\.gconf
%userprofile%\.gconfd

etc...

But I have it working right now in something like Z:\Folder\Folder2

I cant find the option in the menu where I could have done this... so its
killing me!
I have installed the application in my laptop several times, and it always
writes in %userprofile%, which is the default. But how could have I changed
this behaviour so that all those dot folders are in a totally different,
custom location?
I don't remember messing with the registry in order to achieve it.  Neither
with any .ini files or something (if such thing exists in the GNUCash
enviroment).

Thanks a lot for your time!