need help with memo field and check stubs

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 22:51:20 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Anna Rainbolt <annarainbolt at gmail.com> wrote:
> I use the Quicken style check format with a single check and two check
> stubs.I can't figure out how to enter a memo and info on the check
> stub. The only thin that will print is the payee,date,and amount.
>
> any help is appreciated

HI! I recently started using this. I have noticed that with the check
template in GnuCash 2.2.9 doesn't really use much of the blank check
form. Besides the payee, date and amount fields, the one other line
that prints is the Description field (NOT any Memo lines from
transaction splits) printed very low on the check (just below where
the address would print if you could do so). With the template in
GnuCash 2.2.9, NOTHING prints on either of the stubs, nor does
anything print in the address area of the check.

HOWEVER I just saw that a new check template has made it into the
"unstable" 2.3.9 version of GnuCash that prints the payee plus four
additional address fields on the checks. It also adds some features
that might allow you to put something on the stubs, but I don't know
that it does yet.

To try this now I believe it would be easiest to download and test the
unstable version of GnuCash. I haven't tried the new template myself,
but I am eager to. I just created a test directory where I can compile
(or download) the latest unstable version and I will copy my actual
data to the test directory. There I can test things like the new check
template without worrying that a serious bug might destroy my "real"
data. (It's unlikely but possible to lose data while testing the new
version.)

Read the information at http://gnucash.org pertaining to your
particular platform, and you can get the latest code from the download
area at http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnucash/files/