deleting Account Books

Paul Openshaw paulopenshaw at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 18 06:36:47 EST 2010

I am running 2.3.8 on windows Vista. When I first started with 2.2.3 I had difficulty saving and somehow I have ended up with 4 'books' (I call them sets of accounts) when I open the 'File' dropdown menu. 2 have the same name which is confusing because it contains the rubbish I created whilst 'practicing' and the other two I do not want. How do I delete these 3 so that I only have the 1 account I want to use in the 'File' menu.
I have scoured the very useful help manual but cant find out how to do this anywhere. I think I am confused with so many things being called 'account'.
Thanks
Paul Openshaw (N340net)