Question for those that can load and use 2.3.9

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 19 10:22:31 EST 2010

Eric Ladner <eric.ladner at gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 7:38 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
>> Graham Lane <grahamlane at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> It looks like we can continue to use the XML for now, Is that expected
>>> to change?
>>
>> Expected or hoped?  If someone develops the code to implement an Undo
>> then it will change.
>>

> I think he was asking if the XML store is going to continue on as a
> back end storage option for the foreseeable future.

Oh!  Certainly for the 2.4 series and probably even the 2.6 series
(where it will no longer be the default).  But beyond that I'm hoping
XML gets relegated to an interchange format where it's best suited.  It
works great for (quazi-)static documents, but XML is not a database.