Question for those that can load and use 2.3.9

Kevin Buckley kevin.m.buckley at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 23:21:41 EST 2010

>> I think he was asking if the XML store is going to continue on as a
>> back end storage option for the foreseeable future.

Is he though?

There is surely a difference between where an "Undo" would happen
during an invocation of  GnuCash, ie within the "GnuCash Engine",
currently, I believe, still a set of in-memory structs, and where one
would choose to keep one's data between invocations of  GnuCash.

> Oh!  Certainly for the 2.4 series and probably even the 2.6 series
> (where it will no longer be the default).  But beyond that I'm hoping
> XML gets relegated to an interchange format where it's best suited.

So one would have to have compile/install against a database just to
be able to use GnuCash at all? Or not?

>  It works great for (quazi-)static documents, but XML is not a database.

And the storing of information between invocations of GnuCash is
not static and so not an area where XML works great ?