Copying files from Linux to MAC

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Feb 19 13:17:31 EST 2010

On Friday 19 February 2010, Nigel Horne wrote:
> My business partner has a MAC.  If I zip Gnucash's files and email them
> to her she can read them, but they open read-only.  Any thoughts?

There should be no need to zip them. GnuCash compresses the files by default
using gzip.

It the files are read-only for her, it's likely she didn't really unzip the
file, but her Mac may be treating the zip file as a read-only folder. So as
long as the file is inside the archive, your partner can't change the files.

Try to send her the file without zipping it first and see what happens.

Geert