Problem locating Data File in Windows 7

twodogron price4us at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 11:52:50 EST 2010

Just writing this to close this post.....
I've tried all I can to get GnuCash to work in Windows 7 as it did in
Windows XP....
I can't get it to "locate" the Data files as it did before when I used XP,
I've tried 2.2.9 , 2.3.8 and even the latest Beta, all have the same end
result.....PROBLEMS....
I've noticed lately that it's putting the dreaded Padlock on some of my
Directories and Files even after being uninstalled... Yesterday I had to use
Safe Mode before I was allowed to delete a Folder unrelated to GnuCash..
No other software I'm using as Administrator puts the Padlock on my File
Struture like GnuCash does..
Anyway... To save myself alot of hassle GnuCash has been uninstalled until
such time that it accepts Windows 7 as it did Windows XP..................
Defineately a problem for the developers of GnuCash........