Problem locating Data File in Windows 7

trythis grahamlane at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 19:11:17 EST 2010

twodogron wrote:

> Just writing this to close this post.....
> I've tried all I can to get GnuCash to work in Windows 7 as it did in
> Windows XP....
> I can't get it to "locate" the Data files as it did before when I used XP,
> I've tried 2.2.9 , 2.3.8 and even the latest Beta, all have the same end
> result.....PROBLEMS....
> I've noticed lately that it's putting the dreaded Padlock on some of my
> Directories and Files even after being uninstalled... Yesterday I had to
> use Safe Mode before I was allowed to delete a Folder unrelated to
> GnuCash..
> No other software I'm using as Administrator puts the Padlock on my File
> Struture like GnuCash does..
> Anyway... To save myself alot of hassle GnuCash has been uninstalled until
> such time that it accepts Windows 7 as it did Windows XP..................
> Defineately a problem for the developers of GnuCash........

I havent had anything like that with windows 7 and any version of gnucash.
I dont think it is fair to say that Gnucash is causing it outright.
I have 2.2.9 and switch back and forth with 2.3.10 in my Virtual PC version
of XP as well for testing, which you might want to try, It is possible to
run that integrated within 7, if you need to continue with XP on your system