Can't parse.... problem

Bob Thomson bthomson at web.ca
Mon Feb 22 11:40:56 EST 2010

I have been using GnuCash 2.2.9 in Windows Vista on my laptop and on my
EEE PC netbook running Xandros Linux (GnuCash ver. 2.2.4) for over a
year. I simply copied the saved file from my laptop to my netbook and
they worked seamlessly.

Now I've had a netbook crash and reinstalled GnuCash 2.2.4 but get the
message "Can't parse the URL  /home/user/D:/gnucash/Gnucash_Bob" when I
try to open it on the netbook. I've seen this from time to time before,
even within ver. 2.2.9 on the laptop, but reloading the file always
worked before.

Can anyone help me get this working? I'm going to be on the road for 2
months with the netbook and really want to have my accounts with me.

Bob Thomson
Ottawa, Canada