Cash Flow Report

Tom Peterson thomas.tap.peterson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 10:58:01 EST 2010

It's that time a year again when I try to use the reports.  The Cash
Flow report does not report what I expect it to report. I created a cash
flow report for the previous year and it appears to be missing data and
reporting incorrect values.

Here is what I did.
1. Selected menu item Reports -> Income & Expense -> Cash Flow
2. Selected Edit -> Report Options
3. Set General: From to Previous Year Start
4. Set General: To to Previous Year End
5. Selected Select All from the Accounts tab
6. Pressed Apply.

In the list is Expenses:Medical:Doctor with a value of $304.76. This
value is incorrect. Expenses:Medical:Doctor had a beginning balance of
$100.00 and an ending balance of $3509.80. I expected the Cash Flow
report to report $3409.80. I have no idea what the $304.76 corresponds to.

Expenses:Medical:Medicine is not in the list at all and it should have
shown up with a couple of thousand dollar value.

For the fun of it I went to the Accounts tab, pressed Clear All,
selected Expenses:Medical:Medicine, and pressed Apply.
Expenses:Groceries was listed in the Cash Flow Report as the only Money
out account in the list!

Am I just misunderstanding the intent of the Cash Flow report? What's
being reported?

I running version 2.29 under Ubuntu.