Which files to backup?

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Sat Jan 2 12:19:04 EST 2010

> Is what I'm doing sufficient for backing up my data?  Or, is there
> something else I should include?

GnuCash data is the only data of value you keep in your computers? You
don't care if you lose all the other data you have?

I find it slightly peculiar that people seem to want to back up the data
coming from each application separately. Isn't it easier to make just
one backup of the entire directory in which all of your user data
exists? Yes that takes some time to make the copy to an external drive,
etc. But you don't have to sit there while the copy operation completes.

External storage is cheap. BTW, I recommend that you keep your backup
removed from where your computer is. But that's the experience of having
had a small house fire (didn't lose the house -- but lost backups to
heat/smoke)

Michael