Managing U.S. Flexible Spending Accounts

brad bradhaack at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 4 16:35:02 EST 2010

In addition to what Fred said ...
I wouldn't put a transaction for the yrs allotment.  For every paycheck
you put some in the Asset:FSA account.   When you get reimbursed for an
expense there would be a transaction which would reduce the balance in
the Asset:FSA account and also increase the balance in your bank
account.  So I don't think you need expenses:FLEX, or liabilities:FSA,
and replace equity:FSA with asset:FSA.

Of course if you get to the deadline and lose the money because you
didn't spend enuf, then you would need to expense it somehow. Stupid
system ...