Problems with searching the archive of the mailing list

Ulrike Fischer gnucash at nililand.de
Tue Jan 5 10:27:21 EST 2010

Am Tue, 05 Jan 2010 10:05:49 -0500 schrieb Derek Atkins:

>> I tried to find an old answer to one of my questions in this list.
>> The answer exists, I found it at the end with google:
>> http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2009-February/028577.html
>>
>> But I wasn't able to find it with the help of the search page:
>> https://lists.gnucash.org/search/
>>
>> E.g. a search for two words in the title (which are also in the text
>> body) gives the result:
>>
>> gnucash-user: [ sheduled: 0 ] [ transactions: 48 ] [ TOTAL: 0 ]
>>
>> Is the archive incomplete or the search broken? Or is there some
>> magic needed to get the search working?

> Well, I'm not surprised that 'sheduled' returned nothing.

Well I wrote "sheduled" in the posting (as a german I have a
tendency to convert "sch" in "sh" when writing english/englisch ;-))

> You'd get more with "scheduled".

I get more hits but still the one posting is not found.

Interestingly  +subject:sheduled and +from:nililand both finds the
posting. But no combinations of words from the text body I tried
until now do return it. It looks as if only the header has been
indexed.

--
Ulrike Fischer