uninstall

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Jan 5 23:22:32 EST 2010

On Jan 5, 2010, at 5:39 PM, Stephen Ledford wrote:

> There was a glitch in installation on a macbook (intel) after downloading from the site. I need to do a complete uninstall and try again. I can find nothing on uninstall procedures to ensure a complete removal of all files.
>
> Thanks for the help.

It's an app bundle. Drag it to the trash and empty same. You'll have to do a `killall dbus-daemon` from Terminal. If you really want everything else gone, do:
rm -r ~/.gnucash
rm -r ~/.gconf*
sudo rm /opt/gnucash-2.2.9
also from Terminal.

But that might not really be necessary. If it launched once and then won't anymore, try dragging the bundle somewhere else and
dragging it back. Make sure that the folder you put it in doesn't have any spaces or other goofy characters in its name nor in any pf its parents names. /Applications works best.

Regards,
John Ralls