looking for pointers on templated on-demand transactions

Tim Peiffer peiffer at UMN.EDU
Tue Jan 5 21:41:01 EST 2010

I am looking for a pointer on setting up templated push transactions.  I
have a regular transaction that would be split among principle/purchase
and various taxes that I would like to set up similar to a scheduled
transaction.  But rather than posting on a date, I would like to call
the template and push a payment posting on-demand.  The reason for that
is that I have budgeted items that may (or may not) occur.   Rather than
dealing with posted scheduled transactions and deleting in the case that
an event did not occur or moving the posted date for one that occurred
on an irregular date, I would like to just have a template ready and
manually post by hand.  Are there any ways to do this with GnuCash?

Please advise,

--
Tim Peiffer
Network Support Engineer