Help/documentation installation on Mac

James Wilde james.wilde at sunde-wilde.com
Mon Jan 11 06:33:09 EST 2010

I'm using GC on a Mac running Snow Leopard (10.6.2).  I'm new to the Mac, and am having some problems installing the help and documentation.  To do this I have to install a program called scrollkeeper, which in its turn requires a number of prerequisite programs, such as libxml2 and a bunch of other stuff.  Now it looks like I need some kind of equivalent to apt-get in the Ubuntu linux world.

I appreciate that this message might more appropriately belong on an Apple forum, but I'll post it here anyway.  Perhaps people who may be able to help can do it off-line so as not to overload the GC list.

If there is a Mac user who has successfully installed the documentation on a recent version of Mac OSX I'd very much appreciate a simple guideline to take me through the process.  On the Mac I'm hoping not to have to get quite so involved in nuts and bolts as I did when I was working in a big company IT department and maintaining Solaris and various linux distros, but if I have to, I can.

TIA to any volunteer(s).

//James