Sorting

Daniel Richard drichard58 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 10:01:43 EST 2010

I have been using gnu-cash for some time now and have noticed something that kind of gets annoying at times.

When I open up an account register and sort it by some field other than the default, it does not always sort correctly.  This is especially true if I sort it by the number (which is what I like to do to make it easier to balance the checkbook at the end of the month).  I thought maybe I had a hidden character in the number field that was causing the problem, but I cleared the field out and re-entered the number and there is no change.  I am attaching a screen shot of my register sorted by number and you can see that the go along OK for a while, then they get out of sequence.

I am running gnu-cash 2.2.9 on Mandriva 2010