Bill vs Invoice ?

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Wed Jan 13 12:25:40 EST 2010

'and "Invoice" for a document provided by a customer.' - I assume you mean to a customer.

I would use "invoice" and "bill" with the same meanings you do - an invoice in a business context, and a bill in an informal context.  I understand why you might want separate terms, but I also agree with you that "Customer Invoice" and "Vendor Invoice" might be the best choice.

Phil