Sorting

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 14 04:33:24 EST 2010

2010/1/13 Daniel Richard <drichard58 at gmail.com>:
> I have been using gnu-cash for some time now and have noticed something that kind of gets annoying at times.
>
> When I open up an account register and sort it by some field other than the default, it does not always sort correctly.  This is especially true if I sort it by the number (which is what I like to do to make it easier to balance the checkbook at the end of the month).  I thought maybe I had a hidden character in the number field that was causing the problem, but I cleared the field out and re-entered the number and there is no change.  I am attaching a screen shot of my register sorted by number and you can see that the go along OK for a while, then they get out of sequence.

Could there be an unprintable character in the num field confusing the
sort algorithm?  Try completely deleting the number and re-entering
it.  Make sure you delete everything, backspacing off the front and
hitting delete a number of times.

Otherwise is there any pattern to the ones that appear out of order?

Colin L