Director's Loan Account

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Thu Jan 14 09:50:37 EST 2010

Nigel Horne wrote:

> I'd like to create an account for loans to the company from its
> directors.  Should that be in the liabilities section, or in the
> equity section?
>
> -Nigel

Almost surely will depend upon the form of organization of the company
and the rules for the jurisdiction. That's not a "how do I do in
GnuCash?" question but a "how do I do using any method of bookkeeping
including old fashioned pen and ink on paper?" question.

Even if  you tell us form of organization and which jurisdiction that
isn't the sort of advice we are qualified to give (even if we know the
answer).

Michael D Novack, FLMI

(later, once your accountant has told you "like outside liabilities" or
"like equity contributions" and you need to know HOW to set that up in
GunCash, ask the question again)

--
There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.