Any way to "check all" while reconciling?

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat Jan 16 12:21:42 EST 2010

On Saturday 16 January 2010, Adam Rosi-Kessel wrote:
> As I do my year-end clearing expense accounts, I reconcile them all to
> $0.00. But I haven't checked each transaction as "cleared." So I end up
> needing to manually "check" hundreds (or perhaps thousands) of
> transactions in the reconciliation dialog to reconcile all of the
> accounts to 0.00. Is there any faster/easier way to do this?

There's not really a button for it, but instead of using the mouse, I press
the space bar. Each space typed reconciles one transaction, and jumps to the
next one.

So I just hold down the space bar until I reach the end of the left pane, then
I hit the tab key and hold the space bar again.

This goes rather fast.

Note that I already checked all transactions against my bank receipts before
doing this, so I don't have to verify each transaction anymore in the
reconciliation window.

Geert