GnuCash can't calculate?!

Wouter van Marle wouter at squirrel-systems.com
Tue Jan 19 22:31:46 EST 2010

Hi all,

I have a very serious problem with a customer report: the total is
wrong.

This is a customer that has a bunch of payments and invoices posted to
them: they all appear correctly in the customer report however the total
balance in the customer report is wrong.

All other customer reports (as far as I can tell) end up correctly -
they end up at 0.00 balance as should be. This customer is one of the
few with an outstanding balance (they overpaid me) but the outstanding
balance is different from what it should be by adding the numbers by
hand.

This is GnuCash 2.2.9.

For privacy reasons of course I can not just post the complete customer
report here. The difference is not equal to any of the numbers in the
list (invoices and payments), though it's only $0.08 off of one of them.

The difference is over $22k on a total of about $432k.

Wouter.