Custom Report loading

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 23 13:39:07 EST 2010

Robert,

I certainly agree with your points. It is an advanced process to create a custom report and make it available in Gnucash, I am sad to say. It really shouldn't be so hard to create a report. I can't wait to see what improvements come down the line with 2.4, since there have purportedly been major positive changes with the reporting subsystem. The current state of the art for creating and managing custom reports is not usable.

As for Gnucash's methods of handling slashes (forward or backward), as you note, the behavior is decidedly NOT Windows-like. It seems to me that "when in Rome, do as the Romans do" should apply.

David