Gnucash 2.2.9 and Windows 7 issues?

Maximo Barawid mbarawid at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 26 12:03:32 EST 2010

I've been using v2.2.9 for 7 months now and I am very pleased with what I can achieve with it.  But recently, I am having problems in Windows 7.  I have a XP Pro SP3 desktop where I normally use Gnucash for my small business, no problems.  Recenly I bought a laptop with Windows 7 OS and install v2.2.9.  Copied the file from my desktop to my thumb drive, open it and I got this message "gnucash could not obtain the lock for I:\bin\mybusiness.  That database may be in use by another user, in which case you should not open the database."  I selected Open Anyway and it did open the file.  The second problem is that, there are times that when I edit and Invoice or create another account or move an account, Windows tells me that gnucash-bin.exe stopped responding.  Sometimes even saving my work gives me this message.  Are there anyone else who are experiencing this?  Are there any issues related with Windows 7?