Gnucash 2.2.9 and Windows 7 issues?

trythis grahamlane at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 16:53:19 EST 2010

Maximo Barawid wrote:

> I've been using v2.2.9 for 7 months now and I am very pleased with what I
> can achieve with it.  But recently, I am having problems in Windows 7.  I
> have a XP Pro SP3 desktop where I normally use Gnucash for my small
> business, no problems.  Recenly I bought a laptop with Windows 7 OS and
> install v2.2.9.  Copied the file from my desktop to my thumb drive, open
> it and I got this message "gnucash could not obtain the lock for
> I:\bin\mybusiness.  That database may be in use by another user, in which
> case you should not open the database."  I selected Open Anyway and it did
> open the file.  The second problem is that, there are times that when I
> edit and Invoice or create another account or move an account, Windows
> tells me that gnucash-bin.exe stopped responding.  Sometimes even saving
> my work gives me this message.  Are there anyone else who are experiencing
> this?  Are there any issues related with Windows7

This happens to me All the time.  I found a thread where you can open a
blank file, then open your file, then import the log files that post date
the last XAC file in order then save the file as a different name.
It keeps happening even so, but at least you dont have to manually re-enter
the data.

I thought saving before I closed would solve the problem, but It still
happens to some extent.  I might just try saving the file as a different
name each time. I would alternate them to prevent having 40 different files.