Version compatibility: Debian vs Ubuntu

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Wed Jan 27 05:49:41 EST 2010

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010, Russell Gadd wrote:
> Looking at Gnucash's list of changes on the website, I can't find anything
> between these 2 versions which implies that the file format has changed but
> I would appreciate someone confirming that there will be no issues going
> back to 2.2.6.
>
> Gnucash is a must-have application for me and I can't afford to take the
> risk of not being able to use my accounts file.

nothing would stop you from using 2.2.9 by setting apt-get to get that version
which is in unstable
so if you could not return from 2.2.9 to 2.2.6 you would pin gnucash to
unstable to obtain the required version.
no risk is involved.
(2.2.9 works fine here on my 'unstable' system)

--
BOFH excuse #131: