Reimbursed expenses how to invoice, account for, etc

Michael DeBusk michael at nlphilia.com
Thu Jan 28 23:57:19 EST 2010

On 01/28/2010 11:33 PM, trythis wrote:

> Couldn't I just invoice as an item call the light switch Expense:Job
> Materials and when I sell it to the customer call it Income: Job
> Materials

If you want to do it this way, you have to understand that
reimbursements are not income.

On those occasions when I buy something for my employer and they
reimburse me, I do this:

Purchase: debit expense, credit cash
Reimbursement: credit expense, debit cash

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign     * against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org       * against proprietary attachments