New user: can I name "categories" after importing qif files

choochoobazoo richardbrownipswich at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 24 16:16:50 EST 2010

I'm a beginner user of GnuCash, and I've never used any other accounting
software. When I import the qif files from my bank account (or checking
account in American-English) GnuCash asks me to define categories for the
different item descriptions there and then. This means I have 50 to 100 of
them to do, which may take over an hour.

Can I define categories later on? I mean define them for all the items which
have the same description, not just for each individual item? How do I do
this?

Thanks