Would like to categorise items in two ways

choochoobazoo richardbrownipswich at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 24 16:27:00 EST 2010

I am a beginner user of GnuCash, and I've never used any other accounting
software.

I am a landlord running several apartments. I would like to be able to
categorise items in my accounts in two ways firstly, by the address,
secondly, by the type of item. The type of item could be categories like
rent, mortgage, repairs, and so on. This is so that I can look at the
figures both for each individual property, and the rents or mortgage etc as
a whole.

What would be the best way to do this please?