Errors upon startup

Keith Trombly keith_trombly at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 26 16:18:25 EST 2010

Hello,

I just downloaded and installed GNUcash on my Widnows Vista 64-bit system. When opening the program, I get an error message that states, "An error occurred while loading or saving configuration information for gnucash. Some of your configuration settings may not work properly." The details window contains the following:

"Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0
Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0
Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0
Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0"

When i click OK, the GNUcash program window remains open. I am able to add an account, but when I'm finished adding it and try to open it, an error window pops up that says: "Unspecified fatal error encountered, aborting." When I click OK on that window, another error window pops up that says: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information." When I click OK on that, Windows pops up a window that says "gconfd-2.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." When I click the CLOSE PROGRAM button (the only button available), the program does not actually close.

I have not tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but is there anything you can suggest to make this work?

Keith Trombly

Have a Son-filled day!