How to make a "custom" expense report [was Re: Report customization nightmare]

Mike Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Thu Jul 1 18:18:07 EDT 2010

On 7/1/2010 5:58 PM, Manfred Usselmann had this to say:

>> The point has never been "Well, it's easy to fix". The point has been
>> that something this simple should not need to be fixed.
>
> Well, if it's that easy just change it and make sure that there is no
> need for such workarounds any longer. Just fix it instead of wasting
> time with complaining.

I offered my opinion. I stated that I had been working around it for a
year. I was not "complaining". I have not been "wasting" time. If you
feel your time has been wasting reading these threads, then don't read them.

And expecting that any random end user has the technical skills (or
inclination) to provide technical programming patches, that would need
to be vetted and tested, is extremely unrealistic, BTW. If they don't,
then what? They shouldn't "complain"? And "waste" other's time? They
should just meekly and silently stay in the background, never offering
observations or suggestions?

> Everybody can contribute in case your are not
> aware and improvements are definitely welcome. I'm sure your are able
> to fix 'something this simple' promptly.

I am contributing in my way. I am expressing an end-user's experience
with an aspect of the program. I am pointing out where it could be
better. I am offering examples of how I think it could be easier,
better, and more suited to what I believe the average end user would
need. I am providing feedback. If you don't find that of value .. then
you don't.