Expense Reports no Problem

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu Jul 1 18:17:52 EDT 2010

On Thursday 01 July 2010 18:19:51 Michael Leone wrote:
> The problem with using the Income and Expense report for *just* and
> Expense report is that Income is always shown, even when not selected.
> An Expense report should be expenses ... Not income *and* expenses.
>
> I realize that we are using the report in a way it was not intended.
> But it's as close as we can get. There's no way to make the report
> show *only* what we ask for.  What we are looking to get is a report
> that has no "Revenue" section; that is extraneous. But that section is
> hard-coded, for this report.

Hi,

Just had a look at this report - I've got GC 2.2.7 on this machine, so
YMMV :-(

I don't want to beat up on Mike, since I think that he must feel the whole
world is against him at the moment ....BUT....

Reoprts -> Income & Expense -> Income Statement.
Options.
Accounts tab -> select a couple of expense accounts at random
Display tab -> Uncheck "Label revenue section" and "Include Revenue Total"
Hit OK.

Granted, there is still a "net loss for period" which is the same as
the "total expenses" figure, but the latter can of course be removed in the
display tab mentioned above...

Or, as I said in a post earlier today, I find the transaction report to be
generally useful.
On the display tab, uncheck everything except Totals, and set Amount to NONE
in the sorting tab, I set secondary subtotal to none too, but monthly may
work for you...

Any use for your specific example, Mike?

Maf.