Expense Reports no Problem

Mike Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Thu Jul 1 18:39:12 EDT 2010

On 7/1/2010 6:17 PM, Maf. King had this to say:
> On Thursday 01 July 2010 18:19:51 Michael Leone wrote:
>> The problem with using the Income and Expense report for *just* and
>> Expense report is that Income is always shown, even when not selected.
>> An Expense report should be expenses ... Not income *and* expenses.
>>
>> I realize that we are using the report in a way it was not intended.
>> But it's as close as we can get. There's no way to make the report
>> show *only* what we ask for.  What we are looking to get is a report
>> that has no "Revenue" section; that is extraneous. But that section is
>> hard-coded, for this report.
>
> Hi,
>
> Just had a look at this report - I've got GC 2.2.7 on this machine, so
> YMMV :-(
>
> I don't want to beat up on Mike, since I think that he must feel the whole
> world is against him at the moment ....BUT....

Not the *whole* world .. just *most* ... LOL

> Reoprts ->  Income&  Expense ->  Income Statement.
> Options.
> Accounts tab ->  select a couple of expense accounts at random
> Display tab ->  Uncheck "Label revenue section" and "Include Revenue Total"
> Hit OK.

D'OH!

> Granted, there is still a "net loss for period" which is the same as
> the "total expenses" figure, but the latter can of course be removed in the
> display tab mentioned above...

How can the "Net Income for period" be removed? I don't see any option
on the display tab that indicates that, not to me, anyway.

But yes, that helps immensely. Thanks! Shame yours wasn't the first
response to these threads; they probably would have been shorter. LOL

But apparently everyone (including me) who has been responding to these
threads also didn't see those options, either. Or didn't know what those
options do. So I guess I don't feel quite so clueless ...

> Or, as I said in a post earlier today, I find the transaction report to be
> generally useful.
> On the display tab, uncheck everything except Totals, and set Amount to NONE
> in the sorting tab, I set secondary subtotal to none too, but monthly may
> work for you...
>
> Any use for your specific example, Mike?

Very much so! Not perfect, but much closer than what it had been. I'll
also have to give the Transaction Report a try later. Who knows? Maybe
that is will give me what I want, the way I want it ...

Thanks for pointing out what should have been obvious to us all ....