Expense Reports no Problem

Mike Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Thu Jul 1 18:43:16 EDT 2010

On 7/1/2010 6:18 PM, Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz had this to say:
> On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 13:19:51 -0400
> Michael Leone<turgon at mike-leone.com>  wrote:
>
>> The problem with using the Income and Expense report for *just* and
>> Expense report is that Income is always shown, even when not selected.
>> An Expense report should be expenses ... Not income *and* expenses.
>

> Sorry if I am overlooking something here but wouldn't the following
> give you what you want without it being a fiddle:
>
>  From the menu select Reports ->  Transaction Report. On the Accounts tab
> only select the expense accounts you want to display. Configure the
> other options as needed.
>
> This report will not show any info regarding income or P&L.

Unchecking the Revenue accounts will not show them, no. BUT .. unless
you *also* uncheck the option to "Label Revenue section" and uncheck
"Show Revenue total", you get a section listing "Revenue: $0".

It was that Revenue section (and the "Net Loss for period") that I was
trying to remove from the report. Thanks to Maf. King for pointing that
out to me.

--
Michael J. Leone, <mailto:turgon at mike-leone.com>

	It seems to me