How to make a "custom" expense report [was Re: Report customization nightmare]

David Eisner deisner at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 00:03:20 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 11:33 PM, Tim Uckun wrote:
>> So if someone is given a gift, they must never have an opinion other than
>> effusive gratitude? Sorry, I don't agree.
>
> Well yes. The polite response to getting a gift you don't like is to

I just went back and re-read all of Mike's messages in this thread.
His comments I would characterize as constructive criticism, not
whining or complaining, and his tone has been measured. I don't see
why he's being given such a hard time. It's not healthy for a project
if users feel they must walk on eggshells and keep quiet about their
negative experiences.  Not everybody will agree, but that's to be
expected.

Regarding the matter at hand: It's good to know that certain results
can be achieved by exporting GnuCash's artifacts to another
application for further massaging, but for commonly desired results
this can be tedious, and it would be preferable if these operations
could be achieved entirely within GnuCash. That seems like a
reasonable principle, and I think this is Mike's point.

-David