Documentation: open user invitation to help out

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat Jul 3 12:23:32 EDT 2010

On Friday 2 July 2010, David Eisner wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Geert Janssens
>
> <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:
> > So this is a general request to users (and developers who are usually
> > users as well), to help and improve the documentation.
>
> I'm not sure how  much reports have changed between the latest stable
> release, 2.2.9, and 2.3.14, the latest Unstable release.  For those
> who choose to contribute report documentation, would it be better to
> work with 2.3.14 (on a copy of
> one's data file, of course)?  It would be a shame to spend a lot of
> effort on soon-to-be-obsolete documentation.
>
> -David

I think there are some changes between the versions. It will depend on the
kind of problem and solution provided.

Basing report documentation on GnuCash 2.3.14 would be nice, but I don't
require it. I want to keep the contribution barriers as low as possible. If a
tip is only useful for 2.2.9, it can marked as such as well. I think many
users will be using 2.2.9 for some time still.

Geert