Foreign currency invoice

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Jul 7 06:53:35 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 06 July 2010 16:25:34 Wojciech Piekutowski wrote:
> On 6 July 2010 16:32, Maf. King <maf at chilwell.net> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 06 July 2010 12:05:50 Wojciech Piekutowski wrote:
> >
> > I don't use multi-currency, but IIRC you must have the A/R account in the
> > customer's currency, I guess for you that means that you need
> > A/R:PLN and A/R:EUR, and you post carefully!
>
> Thank you for a prompt response. I've tried A/R:EUR setup, and yes,
> posted invoice looks fine now. But still we have one main bank account
> in PLN and customer pays directly there. When I add a payment it'll
> happily accept all the values but still there are no amounts in the
> Bank account transaction and gnucash isn't asking for an exchange
> rate.

Ah, right.

You may need to have a temporary asset account that is in EUR - you pay into
this, and then do the transfer and currency conversion into your bank.

Not sure, never done it, just aware of this from other posts on this sort of
subject.  Derek is probably the best chap to confirm on the details!

HTH,
Maf.